Marketing plays a vital role in the success of any business. Regardless of the products and services you want to offer, if these aren’t marketed properly, don’t expect that you can haul in customers and earn a profit. Aside from helping you sell, marketing is important because it allows you to engage with your customers and helps your business stand out from the competition.
One way to boost your marketing efforts is to focus on your product packaging. This might come as a surprise but how your product is packaged can actually impact your marketing efforts. In fact, a properly packaged product can become your greatest marketing tool, helping your business succeed in the long-term.
Here’s how proper product packaging can help your marketing efforts:
1. Differentiates Your Brand From Others
There are countless businesses operating in the world today. No matter how unique you think your products are, more often than not, several other businesses have been selling the same for years. Some of these companies have even earned the loyalty of thousands of customers in the past, making it challenging for startup businesses to compete.
Fortunately, the innovative use of packaging supplies can help since these can help your brand stand out from others. The more unique your product packaging is, the easier it’ll be for consumers to differentiate your brand from others.
For example, if your business sells shoes, you can place your products in paper bags with a shoe printed on them and shoelaces as its handle. If you’re selling cupcakes and other baked goods, you can place each product on individual boxes that look like ovens. Aside from making the packaging relevant to your products, these ideas are also very eye-catching and will make your brand different from your competitors.
2. Colors Can Affect Consumer Purchase Habits
Colors have different effects on people. While some colors make a person feel calmer and more relaxed, others can increase one’s energy levels. You can maximize product packaging as another marketing tool by taking into consideration the colors you’ll use.
If you want to market your products using its own packaging and convince consumers to patronize your brand, carefully pick the colors to be used. Colors affect a consumer’s buying decision, which means that the colors present in your product’s packaging can make or break their decision to buy from you.
To give a clearer idea of how colors can affect consumer purchase habits, take note of the points below:
- Warm colors: Using a combination of warm colors like red, yellow, and orange in the packaging of your products is appealing to impulse buyers.
- Cool colors: On the other hand, cool colors such as pink, navy blue, and light blue appeal to budget-conscious consumers who want to remain calm and make smart decisions when shopping.
Aside from the colors you’ll use for your product's packaging, the number of colors you’ll use also counts. Adding too many colors to your packaging can make your product look less sophisticated, creating a negative impression on your business.
If you want to create products that can be used to convince consumers to buy from you, consider how colors affect emotions when buying packaging supplies from brands such as Stanley Packaging. Several suppliers offer packaging supplies to businesses like yours, and it’ll be easier for you to narrow down your options if you’re aware of the role of colors in your packaging.
3. Creates Brand Recognition
Brand recognition is the extent to which your target audience is able to recognize or recall your brand over others under different conditions. In other words, brand recognition is the ability of consumers to identify your products based on their design elements and attributes.
Your business can easily increase its brand awareness by properly packaging your products. A well-packaged product is a tool for better brand recognition because how your products look will make it easier for consumers to remember your brand. This is one of the reasons why you should strive to create and produce products that come in memorable packaging.
If you’re clueless on how to make your packaging more memorable to increase brand awareness, these tips can come in handy:
- Use legible typography: Don’t use complicated typography as this will only make it hard for consumers to read what your product is. Ideally, all of the texts written in the packaging of your products should be readable at a single glance.
- Prioritize clarity: When it comes to product packaging, less is always more. The packaging of your product should only contain information on what the product is and what’s the brand behind it. Adding too many details might confuse consumers, which can become the reason why they won’t buy any of your products.
- Consider shelf impact: Your product will be sold on a shelf, which is why you should consider how the packaging will look when placed next to other products. More often than not, simpler packaging will stand out on the shelf, while too complex designs will blend in on the shelf.
4. Make Smart Investments
How your products look can significantly affect your business’s success, which is why you should allocate resources to ensure that your products are appealing.
If you think your in-house talents can’t do this yet, consider outsourcing experienced businesses that can work on designing the packaging of your products. Paying for their services is cost-effective as you’ll be able to provide aesthetically pleasing products to the public while improving your marketing efforts.